All texts submitted to the journal are reviewed. The review procedure complies with the recommendations of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education issued in 2011:
- The review process consists of two stages – internal and external review. The internal review is carried out by the Editorial Board. At this stage the Editorial Board determines whether the manuscript complies with the journal’s profile, whether it meets formal requirements, and whether it is complete. Authors whose articles have passed internal review may correct and complete their texts before the next stage of the review.
- The external review is carried out by two independent reviewers. Reviewers (appointed by the Editor-in-Chief) are substantively competent in the subject of the reviewed article or in the field of science to which the article relates. We use the double-blind peer review method, which means that authors and reviewers do not know their identity. This is to ensure an impartial and fair review.
- The review is based on the review form available in the ICI Publishers Panel system. The peer-review process ends with an unequivocal conclusion as to whether the article should be approved for publication or rejected. The Reviewers also indicate corrections that are necesarry to be made by the Author.
- Two positive reviews made by external Reviewers indicate acceptance of the article for publication, two negative ones – rejection. If the reviews are contradictory, a third Reviewer is appointed. In that case the position of the third Reviewer is conclusive.
- The final decision to accept an article for publication is made by the Editor-in-Chief.
- After the review is completed, the Author is informed about the results of the evaluation. Author receives the details of the evaluation and remarks about necessary corrections in the text as indicated by reviewers.